Friday, April 22, 2011

Later

"Later alligator."

"In a while crocodile."

It took me less than ten seconds to fall in love.

I don't know why I said it. I was late for work and walking out the door. I absentmindedly kissed his lips and  walked out the door.

And before the door shut, I heard him say, "In a while crocodile."

I didn't see his face. But I'd seen it enough to know what his expression would have been. He would have been smirking . I was walking down the steps and I mouthed the words again.

Tears welled up in my eyes. The heat of the sun warmed my face and my eyes spilled over with tears. I was walking, almost proud, with head held high. I didn't bother to wipe away the tears.

There had been many times when I had fallen out of love in seconds. Moments where I would see someone and not only become indifferent to him but also repulsed. It was something he said or a gesture he made. It could have been his mispronunciation of a word or a moment after he came, his dick still inside me. I never knew why, just that in whatever moment it was, I'd fallen out of love.

This had been the only time I had fallen in love in seconds.

Less than ten seconds. I guess like Dostoevsky says, "A moment of happiness...Isn't such a moment sufficient for the whole of man's life?"

1 comment:

Total Pageviews