Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Lets talk the way we talked before you hated me.
Before I lied to you.
Before I broke your heart.

And you sit looking at me with a closed mouth.

My dog buries her head underneath my thigh. She doesn't know I'm a bad person.

But I was good once or twice before.

When you knew, me when I wore sandals and complained about baroque art. I didn't know what baroque are was, but you liked the way the word fell out of my mouth. And I did anything to please you.

Before you loved me, I loved you.

And we would listen to violin solos and you would hold me while I cried.

You would press your hand on my shoulder and trace letters and ask me what you had written, I would answer, "You wrote the letters, L-O-V-E." even when you didn't.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews